Smell That? It's Spring!

“My beloved speaks and says to me, Rise up, my fair one, and come away. For, behold, the winter is past; and the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing [of birds] has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree puts forth and ripens her green figs, and the vines are in blossom and give forth their fragrance. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.” Song of Solomon 2:10-13

I can smell Spring! The scent is blowing in on the breeze through our open windows. I think I’m going to get outside as soon as possible. Before I do though, let’s talk about being clean and clutter free.

When Spring arrives, often the desire to clean out and declutter our spaces comes right along with it. If this has happened at your house, Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider will be a huge help. The book is available both as a Kindle download and an actual hold it in your hand book.

Spring is also a perfect time to wash our windows of winter’s grime and grunge. Expensive glass cleaner is completely unneeded. Mix up a mixture of water/vinegar (preferably white) or water/ammonia, grab some newspapers and get those windows shining again. Newspapers are my favorite “rag” of choice when cleaning windows. Another great way to recycle too.

Decluttering encompasses every area of lives, not just the physical spaces. Consider doing a spiritual housecleaning right along with the house. Getting rid of excess emotional baggage, clearing out the cobwebs of deception, and eliminating the things that hold us back from living life fully will benefit us and those we love.

There it is again! The breath of Spring! Don’t want to miss another moment of this lovely day. I’m outta here! Talk to you later!

 

Popular Posts