Streams of Living Water

Here is my disclaimer: Everything published to this blog is done so out of love, deep love. None of the following content has been posted out of personal opinions or motives. It has been shared as a result of the prompting of the Holy Spirit. What you are about to read may or may not match the denominational doctrines of churches you are acquainted with. It does however line up completely with the Bible, God’s Word. Because I use the Word of God as my standard for truth, I make no apologies for these truths. If the following truths contradict personal or church beliefs, that is a personal issue of you the reader. Hate comments and/or email will not be published or replied to.

 

Satan is a liar! That’s right, there is a real devil. There are also demons and other spiritual beings of darkness. They exist. No, the battle between right and wrong, good and evil, light and darkness is not, I repeat not, an equal battle. God and His goodness are far greater than the devil and darkness. God wins. He has already won. That’s what Jesus did. What Jesus did for us at Calvary was SO much more than just giving us a free get out of hell card.

I grew up knowing that Jesus died for my sins, that He took the stripes for my healing. I didn’t realize that there was more, much, much more. The longer I live, the more I discover that I am not the only believer in Christ unaware of the completeness of what Jesus did for us. Salvation is about way more than whether or not we go to heaven or hell. Healing isn’t the only other provision either. It provides for every area of our lives. Literally every, single area. Our health, our finances, our peace of mind, protection, everything. Jesus freed us from the curse of the law of sin and death! That is good news!

The more I learn of this freedom Christ purchased for me with His blood and the stripes, the more passionate I become in my quest to know Him more. As the depth and fullness of His love towards me is realized and experienced, the more deeply and fully I long to extend His love to those around me. The deeper I get in Him, the less of me there is to see, and I am glad, oh so glad.

If you didn’t already know it, God is good! Truly He is. He is everything He said He is in the Bible. Together, let’s read it, let’s study it, let’s give ourselves permission to believe it’s every word. Let’s take being “All In” as we talked about in a previous post, seriously and let God blow the box of religious ideas and faulty theology apart in our lives. God in us can change the world. God in us will change us, and what a change it will be. He gives beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. Isaiah 61:3. Verses one and two of Isaiah 61 say “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord [the year of His favor] and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,”

Others are longing with desperation to hear good tidings such as these. Their hearts are panting from thirst for the goodness of God in their lives. Only Jesus can quench their thirst, but I can allow the rivers of living water springing up from my innermost being (John 7:38) to flow out in a refreshing, flowing stream of Him wherever I go. Oh that a rushing river of love, grace, and mercy will flow from my life sweeping away the works of darkness and washing others with the love of God.


Popular Posts