Your Choice

A rich spiritual heritage of faithfulness to God and His ways is a gift from God to be treasured. I am thankful beyond words for the heritage I have. However, my heritage wouldn't mean a thing if I hadn't entered into relationship with Jesus for myself. It would just be my family's thing. God is no respecter of persons. He desires that everyone be saved, that everyone know Him. But we have to make the decision for ourselves. No one can make it for us or on our behalf.

My great-grandma couldn't make the decision to receive Jesus for me. My parents couldn't, neither could my grandparents. I couldn't make the decision for my brother. I can't make it for my children. I can't make it for you right now, but you can.

You can choose to love and honor God for the rest of your days just like I did, just like my great-grandma, just like that mama of all those mean, fighting boys who happened to be my great-great-grandmother and the mother-in-law of my great-grandma who stood on the promises for her children. The godly woman I talked about several days ago. You can choose Jesus. You can choose to stand on His Promises. You can trust in His faithfulness. You can choose Jesus.

Will you?

Popular Posts