Teach Me

School season has begun. New facts, new truths, new skills are being learned and mastered. As we walk through these school days may we never forget to sit at the feet of Jesus and learn of  Him and His ways. 




From October 2009...

"Teach me Your way, O Lord, that I may walk and live in Your truth; direct and unite my heart [solely, reverently] to fear and honor Your name. Psalm 86:11 amp.

"So teach us to number our days, that we may get us a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12 amp.

"The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall flourish like the palm tree [be long-lived, stately, upright useful, and fruitful]; they shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon [majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible]. Planted in the house of the Lord, they shall flourish in the courts of our God. [Growing in grace] they shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap [of spiritual vitality] and [rich in the] verdure [of trust, love, and contentment]. [They are living memorials] to show that the Lord is upright and faithful to His promises; He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him." Psalm 92:12-15 amp.

"So then [God's gift] is not a question of human will and human effort, but of God's mercy. [It depends not on one's own willingness nor on his strenuous exertion as in running a race, but on God's having mercy on him.]" Romans 9:16

"Teach me Your way, O Lord, that I may walk and live in Your truth; direct and unite my heart [solely, reverently] to fear and honor Your name." What a prayer to pray. Throughout the past several weeks, maybe even months, after praying this prayer, I have found myself face to face with none other than me, myself, and I. It hasn't been a beautiful experience I assure you. Often I'm left weeping in repentance over the filth revealed in my heart. The Lord is so faithful. He always hears and answers our prayers. I asked Him to teach me His ways and cleanse me from every sin, and He is. Step by step the Holy Spirit is teaching, leading, and guiding along ways that are new. I've never been here before. It's new territory in Christ.

Being in new territory means traveling places unknown to me. I haven't been down these roads before. There are moments when the lack of the familiar becomes almost frightening. Thankfully, the perfect love of God drives out all fear. (1 John 4:18) How am I supposed to know if I'm doing it right? I don't have anything to compare to. That in itself is a good thing--a VERY good thing. A lack of comparison results in a renewed focus on my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the one I am to be using as an example. From glory to glory He's changing me. 2 Corinthians 3:18

Everyday I'm learning how to walk in the ways of the Lord more and more. New riches in Christ are being revealed and discovered as I travel through new territory in Christ. A deeper level of trust and commitment than I've ever known are in sight, and I'm pressing on. I must get closer to Christ Jesus! There are so many lost who desperately need God's love! I don't want to reach the end of earth's journey and find out that any were lost because of me. My Father desires that all men be saved. Therefore, I desire that all men be saved.

New territory, clearer understanding, renewed focus, yet there is still so much left to learn. Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus, teach us to number our days that we might possess a heart of wisdom and help us to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves as we minister Your love to those all around us every moment of every day. I pray that we have ears to hear Your still, small voice, and that we are open to the leading of the Holy Spirit. May we not be hearers of the Word only, but also doers. Thank You for Your faithfulness. We Love You Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Popular Posts