Will I or Will I Not?

If Jesus, who lived a human existence just as I do, who knew exactly what horrors he was about to face, submitted his will to God's with a "nevertheless", then who am I, His follower, to not do the same? When agonizing in prayer in my own Garden of Gethsemane how can I not follow the way of Yeshua and lay my life in Heavenly Father's keeping as He did? I can. It's never been about what I am or am not able to do. Always it has been whether or not I will

So the question begs to be asked. Will I? Will I submit myself to His full and complete Lordship? Will I surrender my ideas, my opinions, my thoughts, my desires, my wants, my way to His? Will I look and see as He sees? Will I choose Him always, over all? Will I? Will I willingly walk through the valley of the shadow of death knowing He is with me? Will I walk through the fire knowing I will not be burned? Will I walk through the waters believing they will not overflow me? Will I trust the flame will not kindle upon me because He is the Lord my God and I am His? Will I?

Will I endure hardship like a good soldier of Jesus Christ in absolute faith and trust? Will I trust and not be afraid? Will I live to please God and God alone? Will I? When it feels yucky, awful, overwhelming, unbearable will I stand on what He has said? Will I? When the pain seems to saturate every cell in my body will I believe that still He is good, that His loving kindness never ends, that joy comes in the morning? Will I live like I have been given beauty for ashes and the oil of joy for mourning? Will I love the unpleasant and unkind? Will I trust and not doubt? Will I?

When chaos seems louder than the music will I still sing of His faithfulness? Will I stand when no one else stands and proclaim the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living? When the mountains are shaking, when the hills are removed, will I still rise and faithfully bless His name? What then? Will I? This is the question every one must ask. Will I?   



Popular Posts