A Read For Such a Time as This

I have been reading a book I have read before and, well, I may need to read it again and again and again... A Family Shaped By Grace by Gary Morland seems especially relevant and useful during this season of life. As I read I found myself wanting to post note cards of the scriptures used  all over my house. I don't want to forget them. I need to remember them!

While reading I also kept thinking about how I know these verses. They are not new to me. As a matter of fact, they are dear and familiar. Why is it I haven't seen how they apply to relationships before? It's a wonder. Because the truths shared in A Family Shaped By Grace are God's ways of living life, they can be used in relationships outside of my family as well.

Reinforcing Godly ways of living with and loving others is always a good idea, and doing so now during times of seeming unrest and increasing conflict gives me a goal to work towards, a plan of action, if you will. And somehow having a concrete plan of action during seemingly shaky times is encouraging. It makes my heart feel rested, like my soul is able to have a big ole sigh and relax. God's got this. He's got a plan, and He's shared it with us. Let's do this.

Popular Posts