New, Everything Is New

 There are a lot of voices speaking a lot of words right now. I haven't wanted to add to the noise so have tried to be rather quiet. Today, however, I felt a release to share a few thoughts, ideas, etc. This post is one of the things I think I am supposed to share. 

2020 has been an entire year of NEW. One new thing has followed on the heels of another to form an entire year of NEW. Everything seems like it has been something new for me personally and for my immediate family. 

One of our daughters had her first baby, it was our first time to be grandparents. Both were NEW experiences. Our daughter's baby shower was the first baby shower our other daughters had ever given, another NEW. While a new grandbaby and all of the news that go with that experience is wondrous, not all of the NEW has been experiences we would have willingly chosen. Yet, both the wondrous and the awful have been combined into the most remarkable year, the year 2020. 

Many of the new experiences this year were small, every day sort of events. I made and used sourdough starter for the first time this year. The garlic I planted in the garden actually grew and produced garlic, so did the cabbages. Even though there were extreme weather conditions, our garden produced a greater harvest of everything than it has for several years previous. A new garden fence was installed using supplies we already had on hand. We got new baby chicks last spring, and they are now producing eggs. We were able to enjoy our porch more. Even though I injured my knee, another new experience, the garden didn't get away from us and become unmanageable. 

More "new" from the year includes phone calls and email pictures from my new granddaughter during quarantine and time spent loving her after we were released to meet in real life. I love that little girl! My friend was able to call and visit on the phone on my birthday but only because she was home in the afternoons because of the quarantine. More phone calls and emails came in from family and friends than there have been in years simply because everyone was home and had the time.

Legitimate progress was made with sorting and organizing this year. Belongings that no longer meet our needs were able to be passed on so that others can use them. Worn out, ragged, too little, and clothes no longer able to be used were weeded out of drawers and closets. Clutter was removed and deep cleaning took place. Granted, some of those areas could stand another clean sweep now that several months have passed, but it was an amazing feeling to actually get so many of those tasks that have been put on the back burner for so long completed. It was so freeing!  

In the future, when I look back at 2020, there will be plenty of trials and trauma for the history books. Yet in spite of the intense year it has been, it has also been filled with so much goodness. I just can't get past God's goodness! It has literally been everywhere the entire year through. I have grown SO much in SO many ways. God has provided SO many opportunities to bless others and encourage others around me. Over and over again I have been in awe at how God has allowed me to speak life and encouragement in the middle of the hard difficulties. Truly God's goodness is greater than the worst difficulties we can ever face. No matter how difficult or hard life seems, God's goodness is greater. 

I have begun praying over and into 2021. I have been sitting still and listening for God's thoughts on what He wants it to be. No words have come yet, but come they will. At the right time, in the perfect way, God's time and God's way, they will come. No matter what 2021 looks like I know God's goodness will be the theme of my song. 

May your eyes be strong enough to see God's goodness every where, and may the remaining moments of 2020 be better than you ever dreamt they could be, even in the midst of the hard. No matter what is going on around you may God's goodness always be greater. For, no matter what man does, he can NEVER change the truth that Jesus Christ IS Lord! And THAT is the greatest of the greatest good news!



Popular Posts