Full, of Words

Here I sit. It's the day before ladies' Encounter. I ought to be doing something to get ready for it. Hadn't I? But here I sit. I'm full, full of words. After weeks of reading, studying, searching, digging, and finding, I am filled to overflowing with words. Words of truth, words of redemption, words of victory, words of hope, good words, words. words. words.

As I looked through the words I had so carefully typed, copied, pasted, and printed, the ones I spent hour after hour preparing, I wondered what on earth I prepared so many words for. Words won't free anyone. God frees. God heals. God delivers. It is God who needs sharing, not words. Ladies are coming to Encounter God, not my words.

God. He is the One who sets my feet a dancing. He is the One who turns the dark clouds to sun. He is my reason for living. God, my everything, is calling to me. He is beckoning me to come. To come spend time with Him, resting in Him, soaking in the fullness of His presence. I'm doing it now, soaking Him in; breathing Him in. I'm drawing in deep breaths of the One who saved me, who rescued me and exhaling stress, tension, and nervousness. The bondage of human effort is being exchanged for the rest of the Holy Spirit's leading. Matthew 11:30 says that His yoke is easy  - wholesome, useful, good, not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant - and His burden is light and easy to be borne.

I'm still full, but not with words. No, the words have recessed to the back of my mind. They have been replaced with the peace of the Lord. How much I love Him. How sweet and pleasant are His ways. The ladies' Encounter doesn't begin until tomorrow evening, but I find I am Encountering Him more each and every day. I am learning to say with the Psalmist "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord and to sing praises to His name, O Most High."

What about you, you who are reading these words? Are you full? What are you full of? Join me in encountering God in a very new, real way? In a way you haven't ever encountered Him before? Please do. Oh, please, please do. Come along and discover the new thing He is leading us to, the new He is revealing more and more. Please listen and hear Him call out to you saying:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest, [I will ease and relieve adn refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls." Matthew 11:28,29

"Thus says the Lord: Stand by the roads and look; and ask for the eternal paths, where the good, old way is; then walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls..." Jeremiah 6:16

Popular Posts