Growing Things, It's A Passion

Spring has officially sprung at our house. For many, this is old news. In some parts of the nation, trees budding, green grass growing, and flowers poking up through the soil are so yesterday. For us, it is all new, fresh, and welcome. Oh, so welcome. Besides starting my tomatoes, peppers, various herbs, and cabbage inside, I am itching to get carrots, onions, squash, watermelon, pumpkins, corn, and potatoes in the ground outside.

Naturally, growing things conjures up visions of tiny green sprouts peeking out of a seed and lush green foliage thriving. For me, it also includes getting my hands into potting soil and/or earth and wondering what my poor little plant who appears to be dying needs. As I was cleaning up after my aloe transplanting this morning, it dawned on me that I could spend all day, every day puttering around in the dirt happily planting little plants or seeds, plucking off dead, spent leaves, and watering established plants without ever growing tired or bored. I could easily get lost in caring for and maintaining plants of every kind, shape, and size. Walking into the greenhouse(s) each spring is to me what Macy's 5th Ave. NYC is to other shoppers, delightful.

So, happy day. I have discovered I do have what has been popularly termed a "passion". I heart growing things. Now it's your turn. What do you never get tired or bored of doing? 

Popular Posts