- Office/bookwork type supplies in a file box: stapler, address labels, sticky notes, paper clips, tape, etc.
- Using online sources, print out free forms for a household binder. Create a household binder by placing the forms, dividers, and clear page protectors in a binder that coordinates with the new couple's color scheme. The new binder could also be included in the above gift box.
- Gather or make a variety of sauces and toppings for ice cream sundaes. Don't forget a can of whipped topping and jar of cherries! Arrange the sundae makings in a pretty box, basket, or other container of choice. Fun sundae dishes, an ice cream scoop, and even an ice cream maker can be included.
- Create a "night in" bag filled with the ingredients for a fun evening at home. Possible items to include might be: massage oil, candles, a deck of cards for the married version of poker or any other card game(That is ALL I am saying about the married version of card games. Further information can be found elsewhere.), a CD of romantic music purchased on sale or created personally by the giver.
- A clothes basket or other container filled with household essentials new homemakers might not consider. This might be the perfect place to stick a repurposed glass jar of homemade laundry detergent. A small notebook/booklet of recipes for household cleaners/tips, along with a bag of clothespins would really round out the gift. Don't forget to include matching water guns for impromptu water fights. Every couple needs those:)
- Common cooking and/or medicinal herbs/plants accompanied by a booklet with instructions and recipes for their use would be both practical and attractive. Basil, oregano, and sage together inside of a colander with a jar of homemade pasta sauce and/or pasta is one possibility.
- Recipes for family favorite dishes, cleaners, money-saving tips, and/or genealogy information and pictures can be gathered together in a variety of ways. There are so many ideas that it is really difficult to share them all - even on a blog. Ideas abound online, save time and money by gleaning from the experiences and ideas of others.
- a "fan" box containing shirts, caps, glasses, and/or other paraphenelia of the couple's favorite sports team.
- season tickets to an activity the couple particularly enjoys - opera, symphony, sporting event, swimming pool, movie theatre, etc.
Wedding Gifts, What to Give?
Wedding season is fast approaching. Find yourself wanting to give the new couple a nice gift that doesn't look cheap but really is? Need something for a bridal shower but don't want to give the same ole, same ole? I think most people have been there. Hopefully, some of these ideas will help.
at 5:00 AM