Two More Birthdays & Little Things

Mighty Man of God and Giggle both celebrated their birthdays last week. With visits from grandparents and gifts containing "just what they wanted", both were thrilled with their special days. Just in case you are curious, what they wanted was a bow & arrow set for Mighty Man of God(MMOG) and a package of printer paper for Giggle. Yes, she wanted printer paper "all her own". It is for drawing. She has made quite a dent in it already.

At four and six years of age, our littlest are rapidly joining the rank of the "big kids". Each are discovering that getting older also means joining in with more of the family activities also known as chores. Both Giggle and MMOG are discovering for themselves that it is much easier to clean up if items have been put away after use rather than leaving everything out to create a gnormous, monstrous mess. Little habits turn into huge blessings later.

Little things. Little things contain tremendous power. God has been repeatedly reminding me that little things, such as words, are mighty. He says so in the Bible. He says words have the power of life or death. This means that my words are either unleashing the power of  life or the power of death, the power of Heaven or of Hell. Now that's an attention-getter. That's not all, God also says in Matthew 12:36 that everyone is going to give an account for every idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak.  Verse 37 lays it all out very clearly. "37 For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced." Words, such little things, yet by them we will be either justified or condemned.

Lest any of us become fearful or discouraged when thinking about the words we say, I have to share what good news this truth is. Our words have power! Yes, they have the potential to bring death and destruction. However, they also have potential to create life in a dead situation, to unleash the power of God! That's good news!

Not of This World shared something she heard taught about our words this week. "It takes the same amount of time to speak words of Faith and Life as it does to whine and complain." We're going to reread that. "It takes the same amount of time to speak words of Faith and Life as it does to whine and complain." So true. Once again, it boils down to personal choice. I choose. I choose what words I speak, whether ones of Faith and belief in God or whining, complaining, and moaning. I am either giving praise to God or I am praising the devil with my words. There is no in between, no neutral ground. Dear Lord, I pray as the psalmist did  in Psalm 141:3 "Set a guard, O Lord, before my mouth; keep watch at the door of my lips." "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my [firm, impenetrable] Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14. In the name of Jesus, Amen.





















Popular Posts