That Song

Hi. What's up this morning? Yes, it is sunny. Windy too. How was your time with the Lord? Mine? Well, there was this song. This song. I sang it when I was 18 years old. Last night when talking with the family it came back to me. It stayed with me all through the night, and is still with me now. After only being able to recall the chorus and first verse I looked the other words up and WHOOSH! the entire song came back in full force. Still, over 12 hours later, it is rushing over and over through me. I keep singing it as a prayer. The presence of God is so very strong in our home. The anointing that breaks the yoke is flowing. I can sense it strong.
What? Yes, yes there is prayer going strong. Brothers and sisters are in need. Yes, yes, the song is part of that. All I can do is pray and sing, sing and pray, and now, write. Somehow I needed to write these song words, to get them out and share them loud. I want to sing them for you but know that of course you can't hear the song when reading. Or can you? All I know at this moment is that this song, these words, must get out and be heard. They must get out. People need this song. They need it right now. 
The song is based off of 2Samuel 24:24. In this chapter we find Israel suffering from a plague, a plague that came as the result of King David's sin. Many are dying, and King David beseeches the Lord to spare the people as he is the one who sinned, not the people. God instructs David to build an altar to Him at the thresing flour of a man named Araunah. Araunah offers the King the threshing floor, but David speaks words, the same words that are running over and over through me in a song. This song. It is these words I sing today. I don't know who penned the words of the song. It is a song I sang at 18 years of age, one I found at the Bible Book Store. I apologize for not recognizing who the author is. I couldn't find his/her identity. Here is the song:
ANYTHING THAT COSTS ME NOTHING
I cannot come before my righteous Holy Lord

And offer to Him worldly things I do not need

And hope He's pleased

For He wants me to give, a heart that's truly His

An offering of the highest price

A servant whom, the Lord can use

I'II will not offer anything that costs me nothing

I'll place before Him nothing less than my very best

And if I'm called to sacrifice

It will be worthy of my Christ

I will not offer anything that costs me nothing

To serve Him is my goal, how could I withhold

Whatever's mine He's given me, it's not my own

It's His alone

Whatever He requires, it is my desire

Whatever He may need from me,

I'll pay the cost, gain or loss

I will not offer anything that costs me nothing

I'll place before Him nothing less than my very best

And if I'm called to sacrifice

It will be worthy of my Christ

I will not offer anything that costs me nothing

These are the words my 18 year old self sang all of those long years ago, and these are the same words I am singing today in prayer. Another day God may have me share how He has been leading with one thing flowing smoothly into another into another into another as all work together into a glorious move of Him. Until then, I'll just keep singing this song He has put in me for this day. 
Uh-huh, it is time to prepare lunch. Aren't you thankful God has made us able to pray and serve our families both, at the same time? He is so good to allow us the honor of serving Him in prayer and daily service. How I love HIm. I love that about Him, how He makes it possible for even the humble tasks of preparing a meal, scrubbing a toilet, and folding laundry to become glorious acts of worship and prayer. Do you ever pray over the toilet, that everyone who sits on that seat you are scrubbing will be healed, filled, and touched by God? What about the laundry? Do you ever pray over and anoint the towels, sheets, and napkins so that all who come in contact with them will come in contact with God Himself? And the food! How I love to pray over the food! Oh! That brings me back to it's time for lunch preparation. 
Thank you for coming over this morning my friend.I needed the joining together of our faith in the prayer of agreement this day. Thank you so much for your love and support. I appreciate you beyond telling. Give me a hug before you go, please? Ummmm. Thank you. I needed that. Talk to you later. Have a blessed day in Jesus, the ultimate lover of our souls. Humming these words even as you go "And if I'm called to sacrifice it will be worth of my Christ. I will not offer anything that costs me nothing."
Abundantly Blessed @ Abundance House 

Popular Posts