Decisions

More chats from the past:

Garden


"And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live].  And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always]."  Let the word [spoken by] Christ (the Messiah) have its home [in your hearts and minds] and dwell in you in [all its] richness, as you teach and admonish and train one another in all insight and intelligence and wisdom [in spiritual things, and as you sing] psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody to God with [His] grace in your hearts.  And whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word of deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus and in [dependance upon] His Person, giving praise to God the Father through Him."  Colossians 3:15-17

Decisions.  Those nasty things used to be such a trial to me.  I disliked them intensely.  I don't know why, but I did.  No matter how I worked to avoid them, they still showed their ugly face time and time again.  Then a wondrous thing happened.  I read Colossians 3:15 out of the Amplified Bible.   "Let the peace... from Christ... act as umpire... in your hearts... settling... all questions that arise in your minds,..."  When the realization that this scripture was actually teaching me how to make correct decisions sunk in, a major celebration took place for me.  

2 Timothy 3:16 tells us that every scripture is God breathed and profitable for instruction, and I know how true this is.  The Word of God has taught me everything I have ever needed to know.  Anytime that I have ever wondered what "the right" thing to do was, I have asked God in prayer.  Everytime I have inquired of Him, He has answered, usually through His Word.  The answers haven't always come immediately, but they have come nonetheless.  

The faithfulness of our Heavenly Father's care of His children is amazing.  I can't begin to tell you how many times God has taught me from His Word.  Lesson after lesson, truth upon truth, in hard times, sad times, boring times, mad times, I have been led and taught of Him and His ways.  The situation mattered not.  His Word covers it all. 

Do you have questions for the Lord?  Are there areas in your life that have you frustrated or confused?  Have you been wondering what to do about this situation or that circumstance?  James 1:15 instructs that if any of us are deficient in wisdom, we are to ask of the giving God who gives to everyone liberally and ungrudingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given us.  

Let me tell you, every day I am deficient in wisdom concerning something.  Every day I ask the giving God and rely on His faithfulness to help me out.  Every day He gives to me liberally.  Do you need wisdom for something?  Ask of the giving God and He will instruct you.  Allow the peace from Christ to act as umpire in your heart.  To quote a line from a famous advertisement, "Try it, you might like it."

In Christ's Love, 
Blessed Mama

Dilapidated farmhouse

Popular Posts