Cherry Pie Bars


OH Good! You're here! I was hoping you would be! On my way upstairs to tackle afternoon lessons I thought I would drop off a yummy recipe as I went by. Here it is. Hope you enjoy them! Colonel Redeemed has requested them for his birthday cake. They are that good - and easy too! Talk to you later on. I'll bring the recipe for Beefy Pot Pie when I come. 
Hugs,
Abundantly Blessed

CHERRY PIE BARS
1 C. butter softened
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla

Cream together

4 eggs

Add one at a time, stir after each one.

3 C. flour
2 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Sift together and add to creamed mixture gradually. Beat after each addition. Spreak 2/3 of the mixture into a greased jelly roll pan. Spread 1 can of cherry pie filling over batter and drop the rest of the batter over the cherries. Bake 30 min. 

While still warm, drizzle with  icing made from 1 C. powdered sugar, 1 t. vanilla and enough water to make it pour from a spoon. 

Cool before cutting.

Popular Posts