Found This Food Blog!


Hi! Come on in! Don't worry about the dirt. Just slip off your shoes and leave them out here by the washing machine with everyone else's. How is your morning? Maybe because it's windy. Maybe because it's cloudy. Maybe because it is the fall season and fall seems so warm and homey to me. Whatever the reason, this mama is into making goodness for the tastebuds lately. Not sure how that explains why I went a little bit gaga over a food blog this morning. *insert sheepish grin* Here's the link: https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1412690876-7370c3d3748418006ac3303f5887198f-224ac47?pa=25511801902 Mel's Place is the name of the blog, and if you enjoy food that is easy to make while also being ultra yummy, you might go a little gaga too, just letting you know ahead of time.

So far, recipes for Dinner in a Pumpkin, Chocolate Turtle Cookies, 30-second Chocolate Turtle Cookie Sundaes, Easy 10-minute Caramel Sauce, Divine Caramel Sauce, and Caramel Apple Cider Floats have been printed off and now await their trial run in the Abundance House kitchen. It appears as if it will be tasting a lot like fall around here. Doesn't it? Lest you are wondering, we are not, I repeat NOT, going to be taste-testing all the above recipes on the same day. It is doubtful they will debut in the same week. Can you even imagine the sugar rush and corresponding crash that would result from all of that sugar consumption? Oh my. Yes, we're definitely spreading out these taste-testings.

Yesterday afternoon some green tomatoes on my window ledge caught my eye. Do I seriously want to look at those things for as long as it will take for them to ripen? Nope. What do I do with them? Hmmm, I wonder...most everyone in the house likes apple pie and as I recall green tomato pie resembles apple pie...hmmm...do I dare try? Will they even try it? Hmmmm, yep. I'm going for it. Out comes the sugar, lard, and flour plus cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, a bit of lemon juice. Children were dispatched the the garden for more green tomatoes and before long a green tomato pie was cooking away in the counter top oven. (The stove oven was full of supper.)

Wondering how the pie turned out? Well, responses varied but all agreed that more sugar would have been nice, ice cream too would have been good. The general consensus was that it wasn't apple pie, but it would do in a pinch. For a couple it would have to be a pretty dire sort of craving need before they would be tempted to eat it again, but the rest of us agreed to withhold forming an opinion until trying one with more sugar added. Oh yes, most of the taste-testers stated they would prefer seeds be removed. Tomato seeds in their pie was just too "weird" for them. Personally, the green tomatoes remained too crisp for me. I like my apples on the mushy side in pie. I know, I know, mushy apples in pie is totally unacceptable and all kinds of wrong, but that's how it is for this girl. For the record, I made My Beloved a coffee cake. He was greatly relieved.

What? Oh, it is that time again. Isn't it? How does the time fly by so quickly when we're together? If you have the time, I think you will enjoy visiting Mel's Place. I'll try and remember to let you know how the recipes turn out. Time for a hug! Want to take some coffee home in a to go cup? Uhmm, I just thought of the perfect warm drink for this fall, non-alcoholic hot buttered rum! Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. Rich, creamy warmth sipped beside a crackling fire in the woodstove. Can you feel the warmth running over and through you like a soothing balm? Me neither, but I almost can. Guess we'll just have to make some one of these days.

There is a comforting warming balm that flows over me regardless of the season, the presence of God. Whether there is a fire crackling in the woodstove or burning in the firepit outdoors, God's presence warms, soothes, and comforts always. Living for and Living God is the ultimate, the ultimate everything. Praying Him for you this fall season dearest ones, just Him. Here, I'll walk to the door with you. Thanks for dropping in. I love it when you come over. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to spend with us here. It is a gift of time and please know how very much your sacrificial gift is appreciated. There are only so many hours and minutes in a day. To think that you would spend any of those moments visiting Abundance House is a humbling honor. Here's your coffee! Oh! Here's a piece of coffee cake to go with it. See you later! Good-Bye!

Love & Prayers from Abundantly Blessed @ Abundance House



Popular Posts