Trying Again

Hi!  Long time no see.  Just a few seconds ago, the post I was finishing up was lost as my littlest shut off the computer on me :)  There is always something going on around here. 

I was going to try and retype the lost post to the best of my memory, but I can't recall a single thing.  Wow.  How did that happen?  It's getting later into the evening, and my time on the computer is almost gone.  So, I'll quit wasting time chatting and get right to the point of what I was sharing earlier. 

Basically, the post told of the "pondering" I've been doing since my birthday Tuesday.  The result of my "ponderings" is a renewed determination to live the life God has given me to the fullest.  That doesn't mean that I'm going to go crazy and do wild things.  What it does mean is that I am renewing my focus and outlook.  I am going to make sure that I walk in the freedom provided by Jesus Christ at Calvary completely.  I want to walk out the truth that Christ has set me free from the curse of the law of sin and death. (Galatians 3:13) Priorities and perspectives are being changed to match what God says.  Traditions of men that keep me bound up in worldly opinions and philosophies must bow to the truth found in God's Word.

God has prepared good works for me to do.  How can I be about the good works of God if I'm focused on the "yuck" of the world?  Jesus is the Victor.  He has defeated death, hell, and the grave.  He not only triumphed over evil, He made a public spectacle of it.  The Bible tells me that the resurrection power that raised Christ from the dead lives in me.  So why don't I live like it does?  I'm a believer and the Word says that believers are to lay hands on the sick and they will recover.  It also says that we will cast out demons in Christ's name.  Miracles and signs are to follow them that believe.  Where are the miracles and signs following me?  Where are the sick that have recovered? Those who were possessed and oppressed that now are free?  Where are they? 

I need to be about my Father's business just as Jesus was.  Yes, Jesus healed and set free, but the truth about Jesus' life that has been impressed most upon me lately is that Jesus enjoyed Himself.  He laughed.  Jesus loved people.  He gave of Himself on a regular basis.  Not only that, but He knew how to have fun.  Jesus knew when to pray and when to relax and laugh.  He led a perfectly balanced life.  That is what I need, balance.  What good is it for my house to be neat and tidy if I'm spreading dirty words of stress and irritation throughout it?  As important as it is for my home to be clean, the importance of Godly, gracious words that honor God is even greater.

Balanced freedom.  There's a term to ponder on.  What does a life lived in balanced and complete freedom look like?  Ahhhhh, now that's a question I know the answer to.  It looks like Jesus.  Isn't He just so good?  I know that Easter and Resurrection Sunday have passed, but I pray that the realization of what Jesus really did for us at Calvary is only beginning.  I pray that we experience the freedom He bought and paid for us.  May we not merely experience this freedom, but may we daily walk free, just as Jesus did.  Thank you Jesus for freedom.

Popular Posts