Trying Something New

Oops!  I started to say "Have you ever...?" and realized that might cause some confusion with our regular "Have You Ever...?"  posts.  Hmmm, how do I start this out now?  OK, let's try it this way:

Every so often the Lord reveals something new about myself to me.  It's a very unusual experience (from my point of view anyway).  Well, it's definitely surprising.  I'm always amazed that after 30+ (almost 40) years there's anything new left to learn.  Honestly, it is about MYSELF.  Shouldn't I already know everything there is to know about my very own self?  I guess not, it's still happening.

The latest "new" thing about me I discovered is that I like trying new things, truly I do.  Now this wouldn't be a startling revelation to most people, but it was a startling, if not profound, revelation on my end.  People who enjoy trying new things are usually referred to as adventurous people.  Adventurous isn't exactly an adjective that's been used in conjunction with Blessed Mama a lot.  As soon as I recovered from the shock, my mind began swirling with wonder as to when, how, and/or why this happened.  When did I begin to enjoy new things?  How could this be?  I'm the woman who follows the same routine every single day over and over --every single day!  Almost every thing I do is done routinely, everything!  What has happened to me?  How did I get to be like this?  Wait a minute, maybe nothing changed.  Maybe, just maybe I have always enjoyed trying new things and failed to realize it.  Maybe...the opinion I have had of myself has been incorrect for a long time. 

OK, hold it.  Stop right there.  That is enough.  Let's just take the revelation and go with it.  There's no sense in letting a little thing like this lead to anything very deep, especially not in this category.  But too late, the thought has already landed and taken root.  Maybe the opinion I have had of myself is incorrect.  Maybe the way I see myself isn't accurate, and maybe it is affecting the way I view others around me.  Maybe it's even affecting how I live the life God has given me.  Could this be true?  Now there's something to chew on.  I guess I'll be digging deep after all.  A small, not that big of a deal realization has the potential to bring about a life-changing revelation. 

How do I view myself, and is it accurate?  More importantly, how does the way I see myself compare with the way God sees me?  This I know, if one of us has the wrong picture of me, it isn't Him.

Thank You Father for leading me day by day and revealing Your truth so that I can become more like You made me to be.  May my eyes see as You see, and may I think like You think.  In the name of Jesus Your Son, Amen

Popular Posts