What to Do What to Do

Ever wanted to encourage someone who was struggling and after doing so realized they weren't in the least bit encouraged? That not only were they not encouraged, they were inwardly making themselves a promise to not ever share with you again? Yeah, me too.

How does this happen? I silently wonder. I did what I would want someone to do for me. That's what God says to do. Isn't it? It is. So why wasn't it encouraging? I would love it if someone would do that for me.

Perhaps that is why God tells me in His Word to walk in the Spirit.(Galatians 5:16) Without being led by the Holy Spirit, I can only operate in my human understanding. My human understanding is incapable of knowing what is needed in every single situation. Only God the Holy Spirit can perfectly lead and guide me in the perfect way. (John 16:13,14)

True as it may be that God says to do to others as I would have them do to me, (Leviticus 9:18, Matthew 7:12, Luke 6:31) I don't really want others to encourage me in the way they would like to be encouraged. What I honestly want others to do is listen to and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and then encourage me as He instructs them to. Only then will they be able to successfully minister encouragement specifically to me.

So that's where the breakdown happened. Instead of asking, listening, and then obeying God's leading, I did what I would want done for me. That would have been perfect, if they were me, but they aren't. Therefore, mission encouragement was unsuccessful. Despite my honest, sincere, love-filled intentions, no encouragement was received, none at all.

Now what? The question comes from a heart humbly quiet. Quiet that rises from the ashes of failure is heavy inside. Heavenly Father has lovingly shown truth. Ah, now I see. Like a penitent child, I am thankful for and amazed by His undeserved love and acceptance. Once more He has extended grace towards this girl woman of His when she rushed on with more zeal than knowledge, more eagerness to help than wisdom for how to do so.

Amazing Love from an amazing God, who is Love. (1 John 4:7,8) Thankful for God, Love and bowing my heart in worship this day and the ones to come.

Abundantly Blessed @ Abundance House


Popular Posts