Fourth of July is Coming!

I almost can't wait! The Fourth of July will be here in two days! Are you ready? We are getting that way. We love the Fourth of July!!! It is America's birthday, and we love to celebrate it BIG. Well, big to us.

Whenever I think about the men and women who fought and died to gain America's freedom, I can't help but think of Jesus fighting evil, dying as the sacrifice, and rising again to provide freedom for all mankind.

Oh, dear sweet Jesus, thank You. Thank You for paying the price to set me free from the curse of the law or sin and death. Thank You for the healing provided through Your pain. Thank You Jesus. Thank You. Over and over and over again I thank You.

When reading the Bible sometimes I like to substitute the meaning of words for the actual word(s). For instance, 1 John 4:7,8 tells us that God is love. Using that truth, sometimes I will substitute the word God with the word love, just to provide a new look, a more thorough understanding. That makes John 3:16 read "For Love so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Let's do another one with that substitution. Let's do Colossians 1:9,10,12 "For this reason we also, from the day we heard of it, have not ceased to pray and make [special] request for you, [asking] that you may be filled with the full (deep and clear) knowledge of His will in spiritual wisdom [in comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of Love] and in understanding and discernment of spiritual things -- That you may walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of Love [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition]. vs. 12 Giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified and made us fit to share the portion which is the inheritance of the sants (Love's holy people) in the Light."

Don't you think that adds depth and a fuller understanding? Let's do another switch out. We'll switch out both God for love and the word Christ for its meaning of the Anointed One and His anointing. The word Christ does have a meaning of its own. I heard a minister say once that "It isn't just Jesus' last name." Philippians 4:13 reads like this "I have strength for all things in the Anointed One and His anointing Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in the Anointed One and His anointing's sufficiency]. " Isn't this fun? Verse 7 of chapter 4 says this "And Love's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through The Anointed One and His Anointing, and so fearing nothing from Love and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in The Anointed One and His Anointing Jesus."

Have to warn you that this can be almost addicting. Once I get started I don't want to stop. I look through all of my favorite verses first then just start going through others as I come to them. On and on and on. It's a super fun way to study and gain further revelation along with a more thorough understanding. It's like having a party with the Bible!

Party with the Bible? Yessirree, the best kind of party there is! Best thing is it won't wear a person out like earthly parties do. As fun as they are, earthly parties are tiring, especially for 16 month old little men like the soaking wet, swimsuit and sandal clad one that just crawled up on a bar stool and threw himself in my arms. We're both wet now! Wet and laughing! I may be wrong, but I'm guessing he is ready for his afternoon nap. Have fun on the Fourth of July, if I don't see you before then, and go ahead, have a party with God and your Bible. Look up the meaning(s) of words and do some switcheroos of your own. I would love to hear which ones you do! Now to go get this little man out of the wet and into his bed.

God Bless America!!! In Jesus' name,
Abundantly Blessed










Popular Posts