Thankfulness:  Posts from the Past
This post was previously shared in August of 2009.


"Behold I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19 NKJV
Have you ever needed a new thing? In the midst of the fray of daily life have you ever had the thought "there has got to be a better way" pass through your mind? Does it seem as if you are having "one of those days" everyday? Perhaps you have an inner conversation like I do. One that goes something along these lines.
"This is NOT what I signed up for," I inwardly huff.
A still, small voice replies "Oh, did you sign up for something?"
Settling down somewhat, yet still in a huff I answer "No, but if I had , it wouldn't have been this."
"A covenant isn't signed up for, it's entered willingly. That you did do." the still small voice gently reminds me. "You asked for and even desired this, remember?"
By this time, the gentle, loving kindness of the Holy Spirit has begun to soothe and calm. With a sigh and often tears of repentance for losing focus, I reply "I know. You're right, and even though right now it all seems bad, I know it isn't. I'm not moved by what I see, feel, or hear. I'm moved only by what I believe, and I believe the Word of God. Thank you for loving me. I'm so thankful that You don't give up on me or leave me in the mess I get myself into." "Lord you are good and your mercy endureth forever."
As I pick up the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, and begin to slash through the enemy's "yuck" with it, what seemed so awful has vanished and a "new thing" is done. A road in the wilderness of my mind is made. Thankful praises to God for His faithfulness flood my being and a river in the barren desert of my heart is formed.
A new thing. New things are good. Sometimes they are very, very good.
Heavenly Father, I pray for the person reading this right now. In Jesus' name I ask that you would make yourself more real to them than they've ever known you to be. May their desire be for You and Your ways. May they be led down the paths of Your choosing and not be sidetracked onto roads out of Your will. May they not be led by their own understanding, but by you Holy Spirit. Just as your Word says, may their ears hear a voice behind them saying "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever they turn to the right hand or to the left. (Isaiah 30:19) I thank you that You lead them and guide them, that you never leave them or forsake them. I pray that they allow you to reign as LORD in their entire life. In Jesus' Name, Amen
"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." Psalm 118:1 NKJV

Popular Posts