All In


I was asked a question recently by my brother. He leads a group of men on Saturday mornings and had presented a lesson on being “all in”. The question he posed had me choosing three people from the Bible who I felt were “all in” for God and why. All in. The topic might not have jumped off the screen and into my brain with such rapid force except I had just finished reading an article about ripping the roof off in faith. When more than one source talks about the same topic, it usually gets my attention. My brother’s email said it so well that, with his permission, I’m sharing it here:

“So I ask myself, "Am I all in?" Am I willing to undergo the ridicule of friends and family to do something that makes no sense to our teeny weeny brains? Am I willing to enforce tough love to get a job done and cleanse the temple? Am I willing to let go of my family and obey God no matter what? Just thinking about it makes me extremely emotional. But I know my Redeemer lives, and I can do all things through Him. He doesn't ask if we can or want to do it, he simply says do it. What am I going to do? OBEY!!! Why? Because I DO love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, and mind.”

TIM SCHMID

Now I pose a question, are you all in? Am I? I pray each one of us is all in for Jesus, that we are willing to rip the roof off to get to Him just like the group of friends in the Bible were willing to do to get their sick friend to His healing touch. If we can but touch Him…dear friends, let’s be all, 100% in.

Popular Posts