Living Love Out Loud

Living Love Out Loud

These words came to me as I sat listening. What does it mean to live Love out loud? Does Love have a sound? A look? A fragrance? What does Love sound like? More importantly, can it be heard in our home? coming from me?

I’m reading a series of devotions from Above Rubies by Nancy Campbell right now. The devotions teach about the good land of motherhood. As I read of how the Israelites viewed the promised land chosen for them as an inheritance from God Himself negatively, I find bits and pieces of my own view towards the Promiseland of motherhood looking and sounding an awful lot like that of the Israelites. Too often I fail to see as God sees. Opportunities sometimes seem like curses and rewards resemble punishment, or torture, more than the gifts from Heaven that they are.

Dear God, may the sound heard in our home be that of Love being lived out loud. Turn our hearts towards You that we may hear and see as You do. May rejoicing and praise be the noise of the house. In the name of Jesus I pray that we, Your children, will rise up and walk as Yours. That we will live as those who have been set free from the curse of sin. That we will go forth from our home sharing the all-surpassing Love of You to everyone we meet. May not even one person pass by without experiencing You through us, not even one Lord. You have called us to be soldiers of the Kingdom. You have given us everything we need for life and godliness. Through Christ, we lack no good thing. May we live You and Your truth out loud in every way every day. In Jesus’ precious name, Amen.

Popular Posts