Grace Says...

Go here to read the post that reached out and grabbed me with the following quote. 

"But why do we, a people who celebrate a risen Christ, insist upon living like he is still dead? Why do we try hard to pay for our own sin (and expect others to try-hard to pay for their sins against us?) We live with veils over our masks over our painted up faces." Emily Freeman, author of  Chatting At The Sky blog and Grace For The Good Girl.

Grace For The Good Girl, have you read it yet? Here I am over six months later. It is still impacting my life. This journey to letting go of the try hard life and embracing grace is leaving no stone unturned. Everywhere I go, everytime I turn around, there it is...grace. Grace is essential; grace is key. For it is by grace I am saved and that not of myself. It is the gift of God lest I should boast. (Ephesians 2:8,9) Another version says that it is not the result of what anyone can possibly do, so no one can pride himself in it or take glory to himself. It is not of our own doing, it came not through my own striving, but it is the gift of God.

A dear friend sent a video via email this week. The minister in the video made a statement that has been returning to my thoughts over and over again this week. "Religion says do. Grace says done." Jesus did it all. There isn't anything left for me to do except to receive what He has already done, by faith. Without faith, I can't receive grace. The last portion of the quote "Grace says done." takes me straight to the words of one of my favorite songs. 

It Is Finished
by Sarah Hart Pearsons

Grace says "You are loved"
In response I say, "Thank You, thank You Lord"
This is sweet salvation, this is sweet salvation
Grace says, "You are healed"
In response I say, "Thank You, I receive"
This is sweet salvation, this is sweet salvation

I believe because You said it
But I trust because I know You

It is finished, it is done
You have risen, I have won
It is finished, it is done
Now I'm singing hallelujah

Grace says, "You're redeemed"
In response I say, "Thank you I believe"
This is sweet salvation, this is sweet salvation
Grace says, "You are cleansed"
In response I say, ""Thank You I forgive"
This is sweet salvation, this is sweet salvation

Grace says, "You are loved"
Grace says, "You are healed"
Grace says, "You're redeemed"
Grace says, "You are clean"

It is finished, it is done
Jesus said it, the work is done
It is finished, it is done
Now I'm singing hallelujah

from the album
Strength & Beauty
in the presence of The Healer
Sarah Hart Pearsons

Popular Posts