A Time For Everything Revisited

Hi! I almost didn't hear your knock above the children talking. Please, come in! I know, I know, it's crazy busy for so many right now. Us too. Yes, a little bit of chatting is the perfect beginning to such a lovely day, early, before the hot and rushing set in.
 
Couldn't help noticing that guests have been visiting the archives more than usual. Of course that makes me curious what everyone is visiting about so I just had to pop in too. Wouldn't you know it? The conversation is perfect for right now. Isn't that just like God to bring to us exactly the word we need, just when we need it most? He is so good. How I thank Him!
 
Since the conversation is such a perfect fit for now, why don't we chat about it some more?
 
 A TIME FOR EVERYTHING
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:...a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak." ECCLESIASTES 3:1,7
"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." 
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
 
 
"A word fitly spoken and in due season is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
PROVERBS 25:11
Have you ever received a "word fitly spoken and in due season"? Perhaps you had been struggling with illness. Maybe the main source of income for your family had been eliminated. It could be that one of your loved ones had chosen to go a way that might bring harm to them. Whatever the situation or circumstance, can you recall the moment God sent the perfect word for the specific season you were in? Do you remember the way stress, tension, fear, and doubt vanished in the presence of truth? What a blessing it is when the right thing said at the right time comes to us. I had this happen just today. A dear friend emailed a scripture to me. It was just the right Word at just the right time.
 
Just as important as speaking the right word at the right time is NOT speaking when it isn't time to speak. I've heard it said that silence is golden. Living in a very "non-silent" home, I would be very tempted to agree :) As refreshing as those moments of silence can be, often times I am so involved in the "noise" of life that I miss out on the healing refreshment of the quiet hour. Then I wonder why my days are so full of tension and stress. The Lord provided the healing opportunity of silence, but I was so caught up in my routine of chaos that His divine provision went untouched, worse yet it might have been completely unnoticed. How many wounds have been made because I failed to recognize the season of silence? How many of my loved ones' dreams were squelched because I was unaware of the season and ran my mouth? Probably more than I really want to know.
O Lord, I pray that You would
"Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips." PSALM 141:3
"A man's stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; from the produce of his lips he shall be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit."
PROVERBS 18:20,21
May the fruit or harvest of your lips be abundant whether it is the season to speak or be silent, and may you have the wisdom and understanding to recognize which season it is.
Originally posted by Abundantly Blessed
 
During a time when the enemy of our souls is in full attack mode on the saints of God, a time like now, it is vital to remember that sometimes...many times the most powerful, loving thing we can do is...be silent.
 
Yes, you're right. It is time to get on with the day. Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. We need to commit our mouths to God in prayer before we go on our way. Agreeing together in prayer is powerful. "Dear God, we thank You for the power of agreement. In the name of Jesus we ask that you would truly set a watch on our lips. That we would walk in Your love and only speak Your Words, the Words of Love. We also ask You for the wisdom to know when and when not to speak. Thank You. In Jesus' name, Amen.  

Popular Posts