It's Been A While

Good Afternoon!
It's been a while since I visited the blog.  Looking back I can't figure out why exactly, but somehow, the days have slipped by one after the other without posting.  Several ideas for future posts on Living Large on Less have been mentioned, but none of those have made it online either.  As I thought about the lack of posting on the blogs, my thoughts drifted on to wondering where the hours in my days go.  Each day contains approximately 86,400 seconds, 1,440 minutes, and 24 hours.  168 hours ought to be enough to accomplish more than I do each week.  Hadn't it?  Hmmm.  10,080 minutes certainly ought to result in more productivity.  Shouldn't they?  Where exactly does my time go? 
School begins in ten days here at Promiseland Home School.  TEN DAYS!!!  Two months ago I was confident and excited about the upcoming school year.  Expectations were high as thoughts of the "best year of homeschool we've ever had" filled my mind.  It was all I could do not to start school right then.  Then, *WHAM!* the summer that never happened commenced. One after another this, that, and the other thing came along.  Where have the afternoons of clean sheets gently flapping in the breeze, the smell of freshly cut grass, and reading books in the shade gone?  Thankfully, there have been some.  The Lord takes such good care of me.  1 Peter 5:7 has been manifested over and over throughout the entire summer.  "Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully."  Psalm 55:22 also. "Cast your burdens on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall or fail)."
Thankfulness for the Heavenly Father's watchful care of me has been the theme of my heart.  He has gently led me into a new season.  (Isaiah 40:11)  He is teaching and training me how to live anew.  New manners of speaking, being, and doing are ever before me as God gently leads the way through a number of "new pastures a.k.a. transitions in life."  "The LORD is my shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake." Psalm 23:1-3
Most likely, the transitioning has been taking place for quite some time, and I only noticed recently.  No longer am I the mother of five children and a baby.  Now, I am the mother of two young women, one a high school graduate, a young man, an almost young woman, a young girl, and a little boy.  This didn't take place overnight, but it sure seems that way.  Perhaps weaning my youngest Mighty Man of God and watching him turn two-years-old several days ago brought about this great "revelation" to me.  I don't know.  Maybe it was the discovery of a number of very stubborn white, not gray, hairs that caused me to finally "see" that I am no longer a young mother.  I doubt that I would be considered a seasoned veteran of this journey called life, but I'm definitely not a newby either.  Believe it or not, I'm glad.  Glad.  I can't quite believe it, but I'm glad; glad to not be young.  Glad to be the age I am.  Glad to be where I am.  Glad.   
As I prepare my heart for a new year of school, I am humbled to be the mother God has chosen to teach and train these children for Him.  That God would honor me in this way is a true wonder.  To be entrusted with the training of His children is...well, it's...there aren't any words to describe it.  It's HUGE.  All I can do is fall to my knees, bow my heart, and thank Him for His love and grace.  School starts in ten days, and I AM ONE BLESSED MAMA. 

Popular Posts