New Blogs & Shoes on the Wrong Feet

Have you ever been looking at one thing online and somehow ended up somewhere else entirely? Me too. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what happened just a little bit ago to me. After quickly scanning through a few new sites, I had to pop on over and share them with you. Who knows? I may have a few more before I'm done. So many blogs...so little time.

Marmee's Pantry and Dancing Barefoot are both blogs by Christian women that will bless anyone who is into frugal living and enjoying everyday in Jesus. Each author's personality shines through her writings. Lynette Kraft's photography at Dancing Barefoot will uplift and encourage right along with her writings. Also...both of these blogs have links and buttons to other really fun looking sites to visit.

As we all begin winding up the summer season and ready ourselves and homes for the beginning of another school season, an online visit to someplace new might be just the boost we need. Our focus and commitment may very well be strengthened and reenergized.

A little while ago I was watching my two-year-old Mighty Man of God getting ready to play outside. He had his flip-flops on, but they were on the wrong feet. He hadn't gone far when one fell off and the other was close behind. Down sat my Mighty Man. He promptly switched shoes and was off in a flash, ready for whatever adventure he was creating. Am I as wise as my two-year-old son? Most of the time, no. Usually, ready for the next great adventure in life, I grab my coat, throw on my shoes, and take off. I might lose something along the way, but instead of setting down and fixing the problem I keep on running, full steam ahead. All the while looking back wondering what on earth went wrong. Why did I lose that shoe?

Often I will send up cries of "Lord, what went wrong? I heard You speak, and I ran to obey You. Why did I lose that? Did I miss something?" Many times before all is said and done I'm wondering if I missed God all together. Oh to be as wise as my Mighty Man of God. When life becomes crazy and I'm rushing on to the next adventure yet something isn't working quite right and I just can't figure out what's wrong, the solution might be as easy as sitting down and switching shoes. Maybe it's even simpler than that. Perhaps I just need to sit down---at the Father's feet and allow Him to switch my shoes around.

I can't help but wonder how many times my Heavenly Father shakes His head and laughingly (when I finally stop running) switches my shoes around, lifts me into His lap, gently suggests a better plan, and with a kiss to the forehead sends me off to play. How often does He stand there gazing after me with love in His eyes as I march off on my newest escapade? Does He delight in the new things I'm learning as I delight in my children's growth? When I reach each milestone of spiritual growth does He write it down in a book of remembrance as a mother does for her child? Is God the original scrapbooker?

When I think of how much joy my children bring me and think of God feeling that way about me, I'm overwhelmed by His love. Yes, I run ahead and get my shoes on the wrong feet sometimes, but Hallelujah, all I have to do is sit down. My Heavenly Father is watching. He is waiting for me to stop so He can fix the problem. He loves to watch me. What a thought.

Even though I know it's true, sometimes the thought that God Loves Me sweeps over all anew.
I've heard it said before, but each time it means even more.
The God of all the universe, the One who made the stars
Watches me and delights in Me. I'm safe within His arms.

Ephesians 3:18, 19 AMP
That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God's devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it]; [That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measue of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!

Popular Posts