Not for Me...At Least Not Right Now

Whew! My head is spinning from too much info! After skimming through a minute portion of information from a special package on building a successful family business, I have come to a conclusion. This conclusion isn't new to me, as a matter of fact, it's one that I frequently come to. Here it is, I am not a business-minded individual. Yep, that's it. That's my conclusion.

Everytime I am faced with information on making money, marketing, or any idea associated with business, I am overwhelmed by what seems to me a cold, hard lack of care for others. Is business really cold and uncaring? Probably not. However, reading article after article about making money by becoming relational and leaving pleasant comments on the blogs of others causes me to seriously wonder about the sincerity of those blogs I now visit. Honestly, do these people truly care or are they writing as if they do to generate traffic and as a result cash? Please don't misunderstand, I bear no ill feelings towards those individuals who are attempting to earn extra finances. I understand how welcome extra income can be. It's just that as I was skimming through hint after hint after well-intended hint I couldn't help but notice that most of the blogs I visit do follow these hints.

So, here I am sitting here at my computer attempting to type my way through yet another battle with an age-old enemy of mine, frustration. Why is it that so many fellow believers can write, read, and follow money-making advice freely while I can't even consider following revenue-raising suggestions without feeling as if I would be explointing those who visited my blog. It isn't as if the advice is dishonest or ungodly. At least I don't think it is. For some reason, much of the advice screams WRONG! to me. I just can't do it. Furthering my frustration is the fact that not all of the money-making ideas affect me this way. Those ideas that were straight forward face-to-face dealings didn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, selling a product that will bring happiness to others or better their lives in some way brings me great joy. Likewise, providing a needed or helpful service to others is a blessing that far exceeds any financial benefit obtained. So why does the thought of writing a how-to article on an interesting subject with the express purpose of selling it bother me? Why does contemplating the addition of revenue-raising advertisements to my blog make me cringe? I don't know. I just know that if a how-to article is to be written and sold by me it will be with the intent of helping someone NOT making money. For me, the money has to be secondary to the helping and/or blessing of others.

Thank you for allowing me to blog "vent". I guess I've figured out why all of those suggestions and tips bother me, they are more about making money and less about serving and blessing. Most likely, this has something to do with the gifts God put inside of me. (1 Corin-thians 12) Ahhh, (sigh of relief) there's nothing wrong with me after all. All is ok. Thanks again for listening. I'd better go now. I've got croissants to create and papers to grade. By the way, those who are able to utilize money-making tips and suggestions without feeling any remorse, go to it! Your family and God's Kingdom will be blessed with the extra resources made. As for me, I'm believing that God has the perfect resource-increasing plan ideally suited to the giftings He has placed within me. Let's rejoice together in His abundant Blessings and provision.

Hmmm, that last sentence made me think of Fall. Abundant blessings and provision always make me think of harvest, and harvest most definitely makes me think of Autumn. In the coming weeks, we'll be sharing garden updates and Fall planting ideas with each other as well as ways to bring new life into old things. I promise, no more blog venting:) Looking forward to hearing what everyone's gardens are up to and what their Fall planting plans. Be ready to tell us about your favorite "something from nothing" project too. So, grab a cup of your favorite Autumn beverage, find a comfie spot, and take a quick break from the day's work. While you've got your feet up, jot down a few ideas to share with the rest of us. We'll be waiting for you! Right here at A Mother's Rewards!

Popular Posts