School Days, School Days

School has begun and wow!  What a beginning!  Three days into the year and we aren't behind yet!  YEAH!!!  We actually were done with all of our schoolwork, and a little extra, before three o'clock today---that's a miracle!  The difference?  Mama prepared her heart instead of just her head. 
Not very long ago during a time of prayer I was asking God some questions that had been on my mind for some time.  Questions as to why certain areas always seem to be a difficult struggle, school being one of them.  The answer that I felt Him speak to me was profoundly simple.  "Because the enemy fears what will happen if you are ever break free in those areas."  A rush of relief and thankfulness spread through me as I realized that the intensity and longevity of these difficulties were not because I had "messed up" somewhere.  They were areas the enemy was actively, regularly, and intensely attacking. A time of retrospect and pondering followed His answer.  As I looked back over the past 19+ years, I was able to see reality as never before. 
Every area of my life has experienced an increase of understanding lately.  I've lost count of the instances where I "just knew" something that I hadn't ever heard or been taught by men yet still knew.  "How did I know that?" is a question I ask myself often.  More than once within the last several months I have made the statement to my husband and children when discussing various topics "I don't know how or why I knew that, but I did." 
Seldom am I surprised anymore.  Amazement, thankfulness, and gratitude visit with greater frequency, but surprise seldom shows up.  Not only is understanding of events and happenings increasing, but understanding and knowledge of words and phrases are on the rise as well.  Weird? Unusual? Odd?  Not with God.  He is definitely up to something, and I'm glad to be part of it.  I'm glad to be in Him. 
How about you?  Is God up to something new in your life?  Please feel free to share by leaving a comment.  Yes, the enemy is working overtime in the world around us right now, but Praise God!  Christ has overcome the world!  He has commanded us to "Be of good cheer" (John 16:33 - read this in the Amplified).  The righteous are heard by God and delivered out of all their troubles (Psalm 34:17) They are not forsaken (Psalm 37:25) We inherit the land and dwell in it (Psalm 37:29) They shall flourish like the palm tree (Psalm 92:12) The righteous are not allowed to famish (Proverbs 10:3)  Blessings are upon their head (Proverbs 10:6) Verse after verse tell of the blessings, protection, & provision that God bestows upon the righteous and his seed.  That's not all, Proverbs 12:26 says that the consistently righteous will be a guide to his neighbor.  Wow!  That's a humbling truth.
 So, yes the enemy is extremely busy attacking the saints.  It's a last ditch effort to take us down before his time is up, but Hallelujah!  Jesus has overcome the world.  He has deprived it of power to harm us and has conquered it for us!  That being the case, let's talk about Jesus and encourage one another by sharing what God is up to in our lives.  As a matter of fact, let's do it often.  A chorus is strolling through my mind right now.  I'll end our visit with those words. 
Let's Talk About Jesus
The King of Kings is He
The Lord of Lords supreme
Through all eternity
The Great I Am, the Way
The Truth, the Life, the Door
Let's Talk About Jesus more & more

Popular Posts