Celebrate Jesus by Enjoying Each Day

It is a gorgeous Autumn morning here at A Mother's Rewards.  There is a long list of chores and projects awaiting my attention, and the outdoors is calling out beckoning me to get out of the house and enjoy the day.  Having made a conscious decision to enjoy every day to the full, today is the day the cornstalks will become glorious works of art. (That was sarcasm, by the way)  OK, they are going to be tied up into bundles and placed on each side of both the front and back door.  At least I hope there are enough cornstalks for that.  Then hopefully...some square bales of hay will show up this week for us to add into the arrangement.  Our scarecrow will make his appearance later this afternoon, IF all goes as mentally planned out in Blessed Mama's head. 
 
Here's the question:  What are YOU doing to enjoy today?  I've been learning that enjoying every day to the full brings glory to God.  It is one way to Thank Him for the day He has given me.  When I give someone a gift it brings me great pleasure and joy to know that they are enjoying it and using it.  I'm created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27) so it makes sense He would feel the same way. 
Imagine that, simply enjoying each day completely please God.  Why wouldn't I enjoy today?  I don't have any worries or care.  I gave those to Him who cares for me. (1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 55:22)  All my needs are met. (Philippians 4:19)  What could possibly prevent me from enjoying today?  Oh yeah, me.  Me thinking about all of the things needing done instead of making a decision to focus on enjoying today.  Me, fretting because the house isn't clean enough, the laundry isn't done, the cabinet with the toaster in it has crumbs all over the bottom, and the one with the waffle iron got some kind of greasy residue on it, and on and on and on and on this well-rehearsed line of thought will continue to play in my head---unless I change the mental channel.   I have a choice to make.  I can play the same old tune of this isn't clean enough, that needs doing, the curtain rods need hung up, clothes need patched over and over OR I can turn on a new line of thinking up in my brain.  I can decided to think about what a glorious day it is and how much fun the children and I can have together playing AND working.  Not only can I take control of my thoughts, but I can start to speak the new thoughts of enjoyment out loud.  Guess what!  When I choose to talk differently, the old, tormenting thought pattern is drowned out!  I can't hear it anymore. 
 
So, before this beautiful, crisp Fall morning has passed me by, I'm getting off of the computer and enjoying it.  I can't help but wonder if choosing to think and speak differently will do more than make each day more pleasant mentally.  I'm curious to see if there are any physical benefits that come along too.  We'll just have to see.   Next time we get together for a visit here at A Mother's Rewards, we'll have to talk about the different ways each of us are enjoying "today".  Of course,  someone will have to send in a comment for us to have a real visit, but I'm sure that someone will drop by and visit us.   Can you hear my blessings calling?  They're ready to romp and run outside in the Autumn sun.  Celebrating Jesus by Enjoying Today, Blessed Mama
--
 On a random note, the amount of times the word "I" is used in this post is ridiculous! 

Popular Posts