I Speak Raccoon

I speak raccoon.  Yes, I do.  Yes, I unfortunately do.  Today's post is one of those that will either have you laughing until you cry or you won't think it's funny at all.  It's just one of those "Blessed Mama" adventures that seem to fill my life. 

OK, please allow me to preface my story with the fact that I only snore really loud when I'm tired, and I was really tired.  So...here we go.

Night before last, My Beloved was brushing his teeth in the bathroom with the door shut.  He could hear his lovely bride, that's me, snoring---clear across the house---with the door shut.  In spite of my snoring, he came to bed.  As he was laying there he could hear an unfamiliar noise.  No, it wasn't me.  Finally he figured out what the noise was.  It was a raccoon outside of our bedroom.  It kept making its chattery little speech every so often.  After a while the truth of the situation dawned on My Beloved in full.  Everytime I snored, the friendly raccoon would answer with his chattering. 

Yes, it's true.  I am so talented that I can talk raccoon.  In my sleep nonetheless.  I guess it's just one of the many perks of motherhood, I don't know.  Recently, our family heard that 10 minutes of belly laughter is equivalent to 30 minutes of exercise.  Needless to say, my family is very, very healthy today thanks to mama's latest "adventure".  By the way, why do these things always happen to me?

It's actually kind of funny that happened as I was just thinking about some of the "funny" things that have happened to me over the years.  I had been thinking that I really ought to write them down before I forgot about them--again.  Now I have another adventure to write.  Ooh boy, how healthy I keep my family. 

Popular Posts