Have You Ever...Had Trouble With Your Computer Mouse?

 *Thank You for the Have You Ever... Stories sent in so far.  We will have a new one every week for at least a month.  Here is our first one!!!  Thank You so much Aunt Barb! 
 
Well, of course, my funniest story requires us to have fun at someone else's expense.  Years ago, I asked Uncle Kent to click out of a program that I had inadvertently left running on the computer in his office.  I had gone down to the kitchen to start dinner and had forgotten to close the program.  In those days, we conserved precious hard drive and RAM space by closing our programs rather than leaving them running.
 
Every so often, over the sound of my boiling pasta, I could hear Uncle Kent grumbling.  I went to the base of the stairs and asked him what was wrong.
 
"This mouse doesn't work!" he shouted down to me.
 
"What do you mean it doesn't work?  Of course, it works!" I replied.
 
(Grumble, grumble, grumble.)  "No, it doesn't!" he shouted back.
 
"Keep trying," I encouraged as I went back to the kitchen to stir the pasta.
 
(Loud grumble, grumble, grumble.  More grumbles, edited for family audiences.)
 
"It's broken and I don't have time to mess with it!" he shouted in desperation.
 
I turned off the kitchen burners and headed upstairs to figure out the mouse dilemma.  When I walked into the office and surveyed the situation, I burst into hysterical laughter.  Uncle Kent had the mouse upside down in his hand, and was using his index finger to roll the little ball on the bottom of the mouse in order to move the cursor.
 
Did I mention I was using his computer?  Nuf said.



 

Popular Posts