"Therefore, since we are now justified (acquitted, made righteous, and brought into right relationship with God) by Christ's blood, how much more [certain is it that] we shall be saved by Him from the indignation and wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled by God through the death of His Son, it is much more [certain], now that we are reconciled, that we shall be saved (daily delivered from sin's dominion) through His [resurrection] life. Not only so, but we also rejoice and exultingly glory in God [in His love and perfection] through our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom we have now received and enjoy [our] reconciliation. Romans 5:9-11 AMPLIFIED BIBLE

Praise the Lord!  The definition for saved jumped out at me like never before, "daily delivered from sin's dominion".  "Daily delivered" now that's something I have definite need of.  Each day brings with it challenges, frustrations, and "siutations" that seem to result in me needing deliverance from sin's temptation.  Maybe it's a temptation to be less than gracious with my words.  Perhaps the temptation to sin presents itself as a desire to endulge my personal point of view rather than adjust myself to God's opinion.  No matter the enticement, sin is sin.  It is exactly such sin that Christ died to set me free from.  Through Christ's resurrection life, daily deliverance from sin's dominion is mine.  God has said so. 

"What a wondrous blessing I am saved from the awful gulf of sin" the stanza of a well-loved hymn (Joy Unspeakable) runs across my thoughts.  How true it is "It is joy unspeakable and full of glory, full of glory, full of glory.  It is joy unspeakable and full of glory and the half has never yet been told."  Yes, I was singing along as I typed.  As a matter of fact, I think an impromptu time at the piano is definitely in order.  How can I sit here typing when my heart is singing with the glorious reminder that Jesus Christ has saved me and made me whole? 

Jesus.  I've been thinking about Him so much lately.  As the singing quiets, the joy remains.  The thoughts of my heart are turning back down a path they've traveled quite often lately.  Jesus.  He is my strength when I am weak, He is the treasure that I seek, He is my all in all.  (another song)  I am concerned about something.  I am concerned that Jesus is mentioned and talked about so seldom among believers.  Two weeks ago I came across a songbook I hadn't used for quite some time.  As I thumbed through the pages of the book, I was struck with a sense of longing to sing these choruses now viewed as out of style and old.  Why?  Because these choruses worshipped Jesus.  They were filled with praise.  They honored the name of Jesus.  At that moment I realized how heavy and homesick my heart has been to sing of Jesus.  How deeply I have been longing to tell of His goodness and His grace in song. 

Please, oh please do not misunderstand and think that I am criticizing modern worship songs for I'm not.  They have their place and purpose.  However, the sense that something extremely crucial is missing can't be denied.  Since coming across that songbook, I have found myself looking for opportunities to go to the piano, just to sing love songs to Jesus.  Jesus, Jesus, Jesus there truly is something special about that name, something very special.  Where is Jesus among believers?  Do we hear of Him?  Do we speak of Him?  Do we tell of what He's done?  Who is He to us?  If we could only talk to one, would we choose Him?  or would we seek another? 

Sometimes a person doesn't realize something is missing or out of whack until a reminder of what has been lost comes around.  Sometimes it takes an old songbook being found to bring the truth to light.  For a long time I have known that something wasn't quite right, yet I couldn't put my finger on it.  So, trusting the Lord to reveal the truth in His perfect time, I committed the matter to prayer and went on.  Sure enough, in just the perfect way, revelation came.  Jesus is missing.  He's been left out.  Oh God forgive me is my cry as to my knees I fall.  It's been so long since I sat and sang sweet praises to Your ear.  I've rushed on and on throughout my days failing to hold You dear.  Close to Your heart is where I must stay if I am to follow Your way.  Without You I'm nothing.  I'm coming Lord Jesus.  I'm running to You.  Close by Your side I will stay.  No matter the troubles, no matter what pressures or storms may threaten my way.  For You are the One who created all things.  By and for You all things have been made.  There's nothing so great so terrible or frightening that You have not overcome.  So thank you Lord Jesus.   I Love You sweet Lord.  I'm sorry dear Jesus.  I'm so sorry Lord.  So sorry that You were left out.

I wish that somehow I could better explain the depth of the revelation God gave me as I looked through the songbook.  The thing is...this revelation hasn't stopped.  It has continued on.  It's as if God is allowing me to see and hear with His eyes and ears.  Even at the dinner (lunch) table!  Today, we were eating lunch and visiting about something when the truth concerning a situation became so clear to me and I began crying for brothers and sisters in Christ at the dinner table as I shared with My Beloved.  Praise the Lord for a godly husband and children.  They just listened, and we all agreed to pray.  What a sweet, undeserved treasure God has blessed me with in this family of mine.  Did I happen to mention that I am blessed? 


 I hear them talk
The saints of God
I hear their words and cry
My heart is filled
With sorrow great
And tears spill from my eyes
Where is Jesus?
Where is my friend?
My Savior and my Lord?
He is the way
He is the truth
He is the life
And  more
He hasn't changed
 He never will
His love abounds to all
 He lives in Me
He lives always
He is my dearest friend
His love is high
It's deep and wide
His grace is free for all
Who trust in Him
Believe He is
The One who died for all
So saints why do you try
To decide and plan your way
Jesus is here
He's waiting for you
To let Him lead the way
The way He's planned
Before your birth
The way that leads to life
The way that's marked with tenderness
Free from fear and strife
Hard times will come
They'll hit with a blast
But safe you'll always be
Hidden away in the secret place
Just Jesus, you and He



Popular Posts