Spilling Life Out

Another read we've read before. August a year ago in print.

The words from A Holy Experience yesterday, they hold me still. The ones that say "Jesus didn't die to make us safe." and the others that speak "the way to really live is not to fill your life up - but to spill your life out." All of a sudden I'm seeing that when God urged me to clean out our home of the unneccesary and pass it on to others, it wasn't so much a physical thing but a visible acting out of the spiritual, an object lesson, if you will. It was a physical representation of pouring out that others may receive.

If someone continues to collect without ever giving, eventually collecting becomes hoarding. Hoarding leads to chaos, disaster, no room for growing, or even living. Spiritually, when I continue to feast on the fullness of God without pouring Him out in abundance, stagnation occurs. Life turns to death. God's children have been created to pour Him out. "Freely you have received, freely give." (Matthew 10:8) Oh that I am spilling the life He has given me out, freely. That it is none of me and all of Him. In Jesus' name I pray it is so. Amen and Amen.

Popular Posts