God With Us

Christmas is over. The festivities of Christmas are past. Floors have been swept of their wrappings. Gifts have been placed in their new homes. The daily routine of laundry and dishes is back in full swing.

Now that the celebrations are almost over, what's left? Are the memories of this year's celebration warming the heart or causing it pain? No matter how the celebration of Christ's birth played out, the truth is still alive and real. Christ is born! A virgin conceived, bore a son, and his name was called Immanuel, God with us.

God with me. What a wondrous thought! God with me through the mountains of laundry. God with me through the long nights awake with small children. God with me through blizzards. God with me in the moments of despair and sadness. God with me in those glimpses of rapturous joy. God with me as I wipe a bottom. God with me as I dry tears and kiss ouchies. God with me when I hide in the shower and cry. God with me when I dance through the day and sing. When teenagers challenge my authority, God is with me. When little ones do the same, He is there too. When I want to give more, but have to settle for less, God with me. Emmanuel, God with us, has ever a gift been given that can compare?

Wherever the road may lead, whatever the day contains, be it joy or pain, God is with me. When I pass through the waters, He will be with me, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm me. When I walk through the fire, I will not be burned or scoched, nor will the flame kindle upon me. for He is the Lord my God, the Holy One of Israel, my Savior. Isaiah 43:2,3a

Think on that oh weary heart, and it will lend you might.
Consider that oh fainting soul; His joy will end your night.
Look to Him you tired eyes, your light He'll not let dim.
Think on that oh weary heart, and put your trust in Him.

"But now [in spite of past judgments for Israel's sins], thus says the Lord, He Who created you, O Jacob, and He Who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you [ransomed you by paying a price instead of leaving you captives]; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you. For I am the Lord your God, the Hol One of Israel, your Savior;..." Isaiah 43:1-3a

Popular Posts