Our Favorite Foods and Tomorrow's Question

My favorite food: How do I choose? I love barbeque meatballs and homemade beef log w/crackers. I love my G'ma's gingersnap cookies and penuche fudge. Soups on Christmas Eve, yummm; Chicken and noodles on Christmas Day. Some of the traditions are from both sides of the family. Love MOM

Favorite food of the season.........Oreo cookie balls, all kinds of nuts and cheese balls. GRAMMIE
PaPo has a favorite and it is old time suet pudding.

My favorite food of the season would be beef log and well...everything else, meatballs, bacon crackers and cheese.  It's all part of the celebration so I have a difficult time choosing only one thing.  One thing that we did one year at our house that was super yummy was bacon wrapped around bite sized pieces of skinless chicken breasts dredged in a chili powder and brown sugar mixture then cooked in the oven until the bacon is done.  Yum, yum, yum.  Can't wait until chicken breasts go on sale again! I really enjoy cranberry juice and 7up punch as a memory from my childhood too.  This cranberry punch goes wonderfully with brown sugar shortbread cookies and gingerbread cookies too.  I must confess that these foods are tied into such comforting and pleasant memories that I have been known to fix something just because of the pleasant times associated with it. BLESSED MAMA

Seasonal foods bring us right into seasonal scents, which just happens to be our question for tomorrow.  What is your favorite seasonal scent?  Can you narrow it down to only one?  I can't.  Scents are what really stick with me.  Even my children have been known to comment that so and so's house smells like Grandma Allen's or this still smells like Grandma Great's house.  The sense of smell is a powerful memory maker.  So, what Christmastime scent is your fondest?  Another goodie will be sent or hand delivered to one of tomorrow's answers.  Will it be you? 

I'll start the ball rolling by answering tonight.  Some of my favorite scents of the season are pine, spiced cider, and hot coffee.  Coffee...I think I'll go make a pot right now.  Enjoy the warmth of God's Love throughout the evening.  The next segment in our posts on a PEACEful Christmas will be about Assurance.  I'm looking forward to hearing what the Lord has to say about this topic.  He has blessed me so much lately with various nuggets of truth from His Word.  Celebrating Jesus by living for Him just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter.  I'd be lying if I said it wasn't also getting tougher and tougher, but somehow the sweetness far exceeds the difficulties.  Day after day I'm kept in His love.  What a wondrous place to reside.  Eagerly looking forward to reading about your favorite seasonal scents.  Until our morning coffee...BLESSED MAMA

Popular Posts