"Strive to live in peace with everybody and pursue that consecration and holiness without which no one will [ever] see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

What a marvelously, freeing word! "Strive to live in peace..." I don't have to sit around and wait for peace to come to me. It is something I work towards. I have something to do with it. I'm not a puppet on a string waiting for the puppet master to have the time or desire to move me into a better, more pleasurable or comfortable position. Living in peace is something that requires action on my part. I may not be able to "make" others live in peace with me, but I can certainly do my part towards living a peaceful life and having a peaceful holiday.

Experiencing PEACE during the holiday season is much more of a series of choices that I make than it is about events and circumstances lining up just so. The next step towards PEACE this season was going to be CONTROL - Let go of that holiday! After reading today's verse about striving to live in peace, that's going to have to be altered a bit. Perhaps more like CONTROL - Take control of yourself and leave the rest to God. Hmmm, I'll be getting back to you on this. I love the way my Heavenly Father leads me further into the truth of Himself. Greater understanding comes bit by glorious bit the longer I walk with Him.

Due to sick children in the house, I'm not really sure where we are on our Celebration of Jesus. Because the next few days will be busy for all of us, I'm going to list each day's challenges and question in today's post. That way, we can all celebrate together as we are able, and I don't feel guilty if I happen to miss a day's post. That wouldn't lead to peace.

Dec. 21 - Simmer spices on the stove and read the Christmas story
Dec. 22 - Create your own luminaries
Dec. 23 - Candle light Christmas Eve service or other? Decorate and Eat Cookies - Make your own perhaps
Dec. 24 - What's your favorite Christmas movie? Watch it today. Those cookies from yesterday would be perfect about now. Especially if they are your grandmother's gingersnap recipe. A mug of hot apple cider would round out the fun perfectly.
Dec. 25 - Today is the day! Celebrate Jesus all day long! "Behold, a child is born....Christ the Lord!"

Popular Posts