The Answers Keep Coming

My husband and children always open our gifts Christmas eve morning. Then Christmas Eve we go to one of the grandparents houses or both. We've been blessed both families live in Valentine. This is a tradition carried over from my childhood. We always got up early Christmas Eve morning to open gifts, dad would go to work and when he got home we would load up and go to my grandparents 90 miles away, then Christmas Day to the other grandmothers. That was a "magical" time as it was usually snowing and the snow would sparkle like diamonds. We would sing and laugh (always) and have family time......Yes, my brother and sister would argue, not me I was the ANGEL!!!!!! Do you want Santa to come????? You'd better quit fighting!!! Now I need to tell you a secret. I love to give gifts and I love to receive gifts, but,,,, I really love all my family together. If even one is not able to come home there is an empty spot in my heart. One of my favorite sayings is: Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Happy Birthday Jesus CM

Popular Posts