Celebrating Jesus Continues

I just received two emails with answers to today's question.  It looks like Jessica was the first to respond, but since Cindy was the first responder to today's question, we'll give them both a goodie!  I love, love, love giving presents away--that's good for those readers:)  Since this is the weekend, I will be posting the question for Monday---note we are skipping Sunday---at the end of this post.  One of Monday's answerers will receive a surprise goodie--not telling and no hints:)--so be sure and include your address with your answer.  Your address will not be posted in the blog.  It is only so we can get your surprise to you.  Merry Christmas!

Here are several answers in one email. I only get on the computer once a week.
*Most memorable Christmas was when I was about 5 and we were over at my Grandma Pence's for our traditional Christmas Eve party. It was late and we were excited to see if santa would come the next day. We ended up staying over at her house till past midnight. When we had got home Santa had come to our house. I got a doll bigger and heavier than me. The house was decorated and candy everywhere. My aunts had known that we weren't going to be able to have a Christmas that year so they played Santa while we were still at the party.
*Christmas traditions we started are putting up lights every year since TJ has been born. We have the C9 large bulbs in blue. Each year we add to our collection at the end of season sale. It started with just a row in front - to now having all the windows covered. This year when we put up our tree, we are going to have christmas snacks- sausage cheese and crackers with some egg nog. I also bought a ginger bread train to make with TJ now that he is 3. We try to take a family picture at christmas each year too.
*Favorite gift as a child my cabbage patch kid doll.
*We have an artificial tree that is 4ft tall and sits on an end table. This is so little ones don't pull ornaments off or knock the tree over on them. It has the lights on them, I never took them all off since there are two strings of multi color lights. I have a bigger tree in a box that a friend gave to me. We will set it up when both of the little ones are older.
*I have an idea for all. Write a Christmas letter. Even if you never have. It is always fun to see the ones from the years past. Thought I would start collecting a copy each year and put into a christmas scrap book. JESSICA

Santa or not...... Of course there is a Santa, I've watched Santa Claus the movie. hehe Okay, maybe I am one of those people who love pretend... I told our children pretending is fun and we know there isn't a REAL Santa but we can pretend. So there was and still is a gift under the tree from Santa, Mrs. Claus, Rudolph, our pets, and even the buffalo,,, so we carry the pretend thing a little far. Mommaclaus does most of the shopping here. Now, I have just answered the question about "Santa or not" and this in no way is the focus of Christmas in our home. Jesus' birth and all the glory with Him is what Christmas is really about. Just had to put that disclaimer in. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. CINDY

Santa or not....hmmm, Santa was fun as a child.  However, since I am really not that good (understatement) at pulling off surprises, I didn't even try with my own children.  I didn't "not" do Santa intentionally.  I just didn't choose to "do" the Santa thing either.  Angel doesn't think she would have believed in Santa anyway--even if I had tried.  THAT is exactly why I didn't even try--my kids are just way too smart and observant for me to have pulled it off.  BLESSED MAMA

QUESTION:  Do you use an advent calendar?  If yes, what type. 
BONUS QUESTION:  Do you have any ideas, patterns, and/or suggestions for making your own advent calendar?  Or another method of counting down the days until Christmas?

Popular Posts